(4 and 5 years Old)
Little Stars Child Development Center
Affordable daycare for your child. Learn more about our evening, night & weekend program.
Social and Emotional Development
Children choose and become involved in one activity out of several options:
* Children are encouraged to identify and label their feelings.
* Children take on pretend roles and situations in the classroom.
*Children are guided in finding multiple uses for classroom objects.
* Children are given time to dance to music of various cultures.
* Children are encouraged to use their imaginations in drawing shapes, letters, and other symbols.
*Children retell stories they have heard and act out main events of familiar stories.
Physical Health and Development
* Children hold markers, crayons, and other objects using fine motor skills to make specific strokes or figures.
* Children are given pathways and obstacles to pedal and steer around on tricycles on the outdoor playground.
* Children are given reminders about self-help skills, such as clean-up time and hand-washing.
* Children create and are taught to follow classroom rules, with reminders.
* Teachers initiate discussions of similarities and differences.
* Children are given tasks to sort objects by size, shape or color.
* Teachers and children discuss time concepts such as past, present, or future events.
* Children use comparative words to describe number, size, shape, weight, and color.
* Children are encouraged to wonder “what will happen if” and test possibilities demonstrating cause and effect.
* Children are given time to observe and examine objects and notice details and attributes.
We look forward to helping you and your children become one of our Little Stars CDC Family!